Erasmus Ofisi | Ondokuz Mayıs Üniversitesi


Health And Insurance Listen

Before applying for a residence permit all incoming exchange students must have a valid health insurance. Therefore, we recommend that you obtain this before your departure from your home country or you may also have the opportunity to obtain one from Türkiye. You can benefit from “general health insurance” coverage in Türkiye. If you have the "general health insurance", you can use all state hospitals without a fee and also private hospitals paying a moderate fee.
For benefiting from the General Health Insurance System in Türkiye, you should firstly visit OMU International Relations Office for a required student certificate. Then you will need to go to the Turkish State Social Security Institution (SGK) in the city centre with the necessary documents to apply in person. When you complete your application, you will need to pay your general health insurance fee which is determined on an annual basis within 1 month from the date of Social Security records.
If you don't apply for general health insurance system within the given time period (in 3 months), you cannot benefit from the general health insurance services of the Turkish State. However, you can use your international health insurance if you have one or you can get private health insurance in Türkiye by any insurance company you wish; but please remember that the insurance must include the below minimum content:

Please also bear in mind that Türkiye is well-known for its high quality doctors and health facilities with relatively low service prices.
Medical Facilities on Campus
Ondokuz Mayıs University gives great importance to the health care of students, staff and the community. The Faculty of Medicine (University Hospital ) and the Faculty of Dentistry (Dental Hospital ) provides all kinds of dental and medical treatment in the Day-Time Clinics and the Emergency Clinic. Both Faculties are fully equipped with modern medical equipment and with its clinical laboratories, radiology and emergency units; they have all the requirements for diagnosis and treatment in all areas of health. We also have a Children’s Hospital and Animal Hospital ) if you wish to travel with your children and pets.
If you have a slight health problem you may also visit our practitioner, psychologists, social worker and nurses who serve students and staff on the campus from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm weekdays.